Tuesday, April 5, 2011

marvelous monday (tuesday edition).

Tuesday edition is becoming a regular.

I started/finish reading Cheslea Handler's book, "Are you there vodka? It's me, Cheslea." Absolutely hysterical! For those of you who haven't read it, each chapter is a short story about events or incidents that have taken place in her life. No plot line to follow, no going back to previous chapters to see who a character is. I was sitting on the beach this week LOLing to myself. I can't wait to start reading "My Horizontal Life" as soon as I decide to buy it!

Since I have nothing else going on (the 'joys' of being funemployed), I decided to head down to San Diego for a few days. Get away from it all. I couldn't have picked a better week to do this...summer decided to roll in just as I did! Spent all day Thursday and Friday with my ass parked in the sand. Owner of a sunburn but I didn't even care. Christopher decided to join me (more like he forgot his contacts at home and needed me to bring them down) and ended up staying for 2 days. He surfed, I tanned. A great combo if you asked me.

I know that laying in the sun is extremely bad, but why does it feel oh-so-good?

Saturday evening I watched 127 Hours...Holy Cow! I felt so sorry for the poor guy, Aaron (played by James Franco, hence the basis of its appeal) throughout the film. It was rather boring, but the story itself was pretty intense and shows the extremes people go through in order to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment