Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake

Tonight's mission: Come up with a dessert that was easy to make yet still tastes great.

With the help of the Hershey's website, I was able to whip up a chocolate cheesecake...and trust me, it was much easier than I thought!


  • 1 bag chocolate chips
  • 12 ounces softened cream cheese
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups cool whip
  • 1 graham cracker pie crust

I first melted the chocolate chips in the microwave, and then let them cool. Using a mixer, I combined the cream cheese with the butter and sugar. I then mixed in the melted chocolate, and then the cool whip. I spooned the mixture into the pie crust, and then refrigerated for a few hours. It came out simply amazing! I would definitely make it again, but maybe use an Oreo cookie pie crust instead.


The pie/cheesecake had more of a chocolate mousse consistency. It was light and airy, and wasn't as firm as cheesecake I've had in the past.

Uncle Rick already requested it at the next family barbecue, so my dessert was officially a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment