Sunday, March 27, 2011

be the change you wish to see in the world.

Change....the past few weeks I've come to realize that it's not my surroundings that are changing, it's me.
I've realized that me, the once social butterfly, has no problem having absolutely zero plans and not leaving the house for days on end.
I've realized that I don't like to go out and drink massive quantities of alcohol anymore...growing up? Or rather not liking the actions of my drinking? My bad decisions, the headaches, the lack of motivation to even get out of bed until 2 pm the next day...
While at one time we wanted it all to hang out, I now have become a fan of leaving some body parts to the imagination.
Friends will come and go...and although it hurts, I know in my heart it's for the best.
Although I feel I am 95% comfortable with myself, I still need to step outside the box every once in a while and see what else the world has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. "We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves." - May Lamberton Becker

    ReplyDelete