Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tabloid Eatery? Check.

4. Eat at a restaurant talked about in the tabloids

With my 25th birthday being a short 6 months away, I decided that I needed to get a move on my "Under 25" bucket list...

Destination: Katsuya.


Friday night, Mia and I ventured down to Katsuya at LA Live. With the help of opentable.com, we were able to score an 8:30 reservation. When we got there, the place was only about half full - a bit of a shocker for a Friday night!

Definitely an ambiance place..but then again, what exactly did I expect going to a place that the girls on The Hills go to?! Mia was such a champ coming with me..she doesn't care for sushi, but knew this type of place was on my list and decided to give it a try. I ordered spicy tuna rolls (of course) and an order of yellow tail rolls. Mia was brave enough to try them! She ordered from a fixed menu that same with miso soup, a teriyaki steak, and dessert. Her steak was amazing, I definitely recommend it! My rolls were good, but nothing out of the ordinary. For dessert, Mia got some vanilla mochi that came with strawberries on the side. Delicious!

Overall our food was great. The help - not so much. Our server was nowhere to be found when we needed him, and took over 20 minutes to bring our check back to us.

Would I go here again? Sure, why not. I'd love to go again in the summer and sit on the outside patio and people watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment