Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Clam Chowder and Vino

What I weekend I had...

8. Go on a road trip

13. Go wine tasting

17. Visit Pismo Beach, CA




Whitney and I met up in Pismo on Saturday - something we've been talking about doing since we were 18...finally made it!
We even splurged and got ourselves an ocean view hotel room. We had a perfect weekend-a little Splash Cafe mixed with some wine tasting..and an excellent Italian dinner!

Splash Cafe..the best clam chowder I have ever had, hands down. I don't know what it is about this place, but it beats Boston and the Warf. Great way to start out our trip! Line was around the corner as always, but well worth the wait!

Wine tasting was a spur of the moment activity, but so glad we went. Found a couple of wineries up in SLO using the friendly 'Central Valley Wineries Map' we found in our hotel. Our first stop was Edna Valley Winery. The atmosphere of this winery was great - absolutely beautiful. The wine - eh, not so much. Both Whit and I enjoyed the white wine, but their reds had quite a bit of spice/pepper flavor. We went up the road to the Tolosa Winery. This winery was very modern looking. I felt like I was in a posh new club! The wine here was wonderful. I liked everything we had - definitely recommend!




No comments:

Post a Comment